14 Aug 2014

The Dr. Martens Diaries: FLORA AND FAUNA

These boots are made for walkin` ..and styling.

I present the first part out of four of our "how to style your Dr. Martens" look book, a collaboration between me and my blogger bff, Althea. Our love for the classic utilitarian footwear had us gallivanting through the city donning clothes that define why Dr. Martens shoes are a must-have. 

McQ by Alexander McQueen leather bomber jacket (similar here, and here)
glow in the dark Las Vegas pirate shirt from Las Vegas
Enyce denim cut-offs (diy)
mum's vintage gold cheetah chain belt (similar here)
Michael by Michael Kors Selma bag from NET-A-PORTER
Le Specs "The Villain" sunnies from NET-A-PORTER
Dr. Martens women's eyelet 1460 boots (here)
Forever 21 daisy boob crop top
Runway Dreams dungarees
Forever 21 wide brimmed hat (similar here)
knee-high stocking from Landmark
Dr. Martens women's eyelet 1460 boots (similar here)
This has been a photo shoot one year in the making. If not for her leaving the country to live in New Zealand (I'll miss you), we won't even get our asses up and schedule for a shoot. 

We named this look book "Flora and Fauna" because her daisies represent the flora side and my cheetah belt represent the fauna side. And, okay, we met Andre and Daryl Chang that day (I will blog about that separately) and we noticed that Andre was wearing this eagle neckpiece and Daryl was in head-to-toe floral which resulted in me and Althea's never-ending "omg, we match!" statements.

Althea's look for the first leg of our Dr. Martens diaries is leaning towards the quirky and fearless side while I'm channeling the classic, edgy, head-to-toe all-black look. Final verdict: we may or may not go to a music festival in these (provided I ditch the leather jacket??).

Hope you enjoy this first quarter of our collaboration as much as we do!

Photography by Dino Lauron



33 comments:

  1. love styles!!! xoxo

    http://www.dollactitud.com/2014/08/sunflowers.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to own docs but they didn't look near as good on me as they do you! You both look SO good in them! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shorts so much! Amazing post & would you like to follow
    each other on GFC, Google+ & Bloglovin to keep in touch?
    Lemme know!


    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwww
    I love both outfits!! So cool and rock
    I love your style
    Kisses
    Maggie D.
    The Indian Savage diary

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys are cool with Dr.Martens!

    Check our blog:
    Overload Journals

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's what I call "New York City" fashion. Nice! ♥

    Check my new post out: http://czarinabear.blogspot.com/2014/08/blog-post_10.html
    Follow me, I follow back! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool outfits! I love Doc Martens so much!
    mortem blonde

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you've styled these - you both look so cool!

    Eve & Faye x
    Sugar Spun Sisters | A blog about cosmetics, clothes & coeliac disease

    ps. Make sure you take a look at our beauty, jewellery and gluten free goodie box giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfits & look <3 xo www.fashionphases.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an amazing style !!!
    perfectfrom head to toe and great photos =)
    be friend as a fashion blogger?
    xo

    melodyofmywords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! Awesome style I love Dr Martens!! They look great with everything!!

    trendofdays.blogspot.co.uk
    @trendofdays
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. loveyour friends hair :D and I love my docs too, wether with dresses or shorts, they are always the best choice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful photos! You and your BFF have amazing style :)

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. i have the same top!<3

    xx,angel.
    http://angelynagatha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. so cool dear<3
    really in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I love your idea for this series! I also loooove Doc Martens shoes <3 They're definitely a classic must-have! Can't wait to see more looks :) And sana one day mameet kita kase nasa Greenbelt din ako palagi haha

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your style!
    http://justbeaself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the style and smiles. Thanks for sharing.

    http://eyeseeeuphoria.com/post/paparazzi-saturdays-4

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my god! both of you are so cute!
    mind to follow back each other? let me know :)

    http://www.twinklelittleheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great outfit, love your boots! ^-^
    Nice blog, dear!

    http://www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. omg your style is freaking awesome!!!
    http://www.modefort.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such great post! I've been putting off buying a pair of DMs for ages! I guess now that winter is nearly over here I'll have to get onto them next year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. you guys are rocking those dr. martens! :)

    thea,
    daintyworldofscience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Make sure to leave a url for me to check out your blog, as well xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...