25 Sept 2014

Dr. Martens Diaries PT. 4: HAT HEADS

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
—Martin Luther King, Jr.

In my opinion, the whole point of blogging is being heard about the things you truly care about. The day you decide to stop typing in your thoughts and taking photos of everyday subjects is the day you give up educating your readers and interacting with the world.

Blogging opened a lot of doors for me and one of it is meeting Althea, who is now based in New Zealand :( :( we met through Lookbook and one day, I saw her on the bus but was too chicken to approach so I messaged her instead. The friendship bloomed since then, and now I consider her as one of my closest [fashion] friends. You see, that`s what makes me want to engage in blogging more. I`ve met a lot of friends from blogging and, believe me or not, blogging makes me see the world. It may be just in photos yet it genuinely expanded my horizons.
Sad but true, the photos you see in this post are the last among the 4 parts of our Dr. Martens Diaries. (scroll down for links of other parts) I still remember that day, bit by bit — changing several locations, changing clothes and be like "Are you done??" to each other while we were in different cubicles, meeting Andre Judd Chang and Daryl Chang (!!!) and being complete fangirls, ogling over our photographer`s GoPro, and just having pure fun with the best company.

Before I start to bawl here like a baby, let me tell you about our outfits. We were both in button downs, pants, and Dr. Martens. Both of us are wearing hats too. You can consider this our go-to looks though; it`s comfortable yet stylish. If you don`t know yet, I collect hats. I have over 30 hats and the snap back you see here is my most recent purchase and I think I`m channeling my inner-Eddy Tekeli ♥ lol is it just me or I think Althea`s outfit is country and mine is urban... our ensembles are opposites but then we complement each other in a very fasyon way. 

This Dr. Martens Diaries will be a reminder for me that this is just the beginning. Bigger things are coming my way — coming our way, we just have to have confidence and faith in ourselves.

Photography by Dino Lauron

PARTS ONE // TWO // THREE

36 comments:

  1. great post. i agree with what you said about the blogging world - it really does open up doors and connections that i would never have imagined!

    reckless abandon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. Not just because the photos are really great but I can totally relate with what you have said here. Meeting new people, discovering new places and learning new things are just one of the many reasons why I really love blogging. :)

    xo,
    Janine | www.itsjaninella.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! xo
    Jamie
    www.candystilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing shots! I love that you talked about such important, meaningful matters in this post xo

    Sophie | soinspo <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool street style pictures! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shooting locations! Fits the style of your clothes very well

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  7. talk about urban street style!! so cool!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous!
    I love all the picts above <3<3 Cool!

    crunchy cheese me

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are all very cool! I really enjoyed your Dr. Martens diaries <3 It was a success!! Now, let's collaborate! Haha :)

    http://www.thestylishbipolar.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing post, dear!

    theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a cool post! loving your background!

    styleandchocolates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool photos <3

    www.dicexcvi.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice looks! Your blog is very lovely and interesting. I`M glad if you visit my blog, too <3

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. cool as always!<3

    xx,angel.
    http://angelynagatha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice photos. I have always wanted to own at least a pair of Dr. Martens but it's kinda expensive for me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic photos! Love love the style! I lot the fedora!

    www.justsoapril.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice blog & photos !

    Mind to follow each other ?


    xoxo,
    dea
    www.andreahamdan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The photos are cool! How great you met her through Lookbook :D

    Spark&Bark

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such cool and edgy pictures, really love the background and what you are wearing!

    Much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  20. love everything
    btw followed you via G+

    Herdiana Surachman
    DELUXSHONIST | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | GOOGLE +

    ReplyDelete
  21. what? have 30 hats? amazing!!

    http://www.twinklelittleheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I only own about three hats tops, you can tell how jealous I am!
    Awesome post, your hair is killer!!

    99 OUTFITS

    ReplyDelete
  23. waw! cool looks and post! love docmart too! :D

    -riski
    http://riskinovianti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great post! Love the outfits (I seriously need to buy some Dr. Martens so I can make cool outfits, too!) and what you wrote about blogging! Have a nice weekend (:

    Hugs from Denmark x
    Mathilde | MATHILDE JULIE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and by the way, I nominated you to write 10 facts about yourself - check my latest blog post! xx

      Delete
  25. Love both of your docs! And the looks as well <3 Mind droppin' by my blog and check it out? I love yours! :D
    PS: Althea looks like the girl from The Host (I just got to watched it earlier and it reminded me of her haha)

    www.patriciasjavier.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think the green hair took the country ot of her outfit haha ugh I love this so much and totally agree with your opening paragraph of a bloggers thoughts...

    xMM
    THE LAME LIP
    INSTAGRAM
    LOOKBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aw! Love the story how you two got close. How I wish I'd have the same thing and find friendships through blogging :)

    Nice outfits, too <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fab. Wanna follow each other on fb, twitter, insta, or gfc to keep in touch? Let me know. ;)
    http://jecellekate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the way you write and I wholeheartedly agree with you. I love both your sense of style and how your friendship started. It belongs in MMK( maalaala mo kaya), ahaha. Your photos look like they belong in a magazine. They're great shots!

    ♥ Charms | My ∞ Fashion Confession

    ReplyDelete
  30. So cool photos! Love your style girls, very inspiring. And of course Dr. Martens rules!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love this Jia!!!! Maybe you could include me in one of your DMs Diaries next time too hihi! Would love to meet you x

    ♥ Erika from STYLE AND SUNDRY (http://e-rosales.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Make sure to leave a url for me to check out your blog, as well xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...