10 Jan 2014

Day 8: what do you want to be when you grow up?

"Grow up" yeah, I believe I`m already a grown-up. Anyway, I want to be in the fashion industry someday. When I was a kid, the first thing I`d tell my mum when she asks me, "Czenna, what do you want to be when you grow up?" I`d immediately say, "fashion designer!". I`ve always had that in my heart. As I was maturing and getting older, I thought of being a consul, of being a public servant to my country so I first took up Consular and Diplomatic Affairs in college. Old habits die hard and while I was in class, I just kept on sketching and sketching and sketching. By the second semester, I already knew I made the wrong choice. I thought I had a future with serving my country, maybe I am right. Not as a politician, but as a citizen who wants to make a change through her love for everything beautiful. You can`t call me a perfectionist though, cause believe me, I can be a ship wreck. 

I just really want to be in a creative environment, where people won`t give you once-overs if you`re wearing something that isn`t conventional to everyone`s eyes. I want to express myself without the fear of being laughed at. I want people to be open-minded. I just need more freedom.

Much love,
Jia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Make sure to leave a url for me to check out your blog, as well xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...